Added to Cart
More deals you may like
Chemtools 8406 Wicking Grade Adhesive
Low Viscosity 20Ml
20ml ChemTools 8406 Cyanoacrylate Adhesive – Low Viscosity, Fast Cure Speed
Instant Adhesive 8406
Cyanocrylate adhesives offer a major advantage over other types of adhesive systems. They are a single componentadhesive, fast curing at room temperature, solvent free and resistant to many environmental factors.FEATURES:
CHEMTOOLS 8406 is low viscosity combined with fast curespeed, surface insensitive cyanoacrylate adhesive (CA). It is specifically formulated to bond difficult surfaces with high industrial strength..
Ideal for bonding rough, porous and acidic surfaces including Wood, Cardboard, Balsa Wood, Rubbers, Plastics, Metals, Leather, etc.
Wide variety of industrial manufacturing and repairingapplications
Meets Military specification MLLA 46050 Type II Class II
- One part adhesive
- Solvent free
- Fast curing at room temperature
- High Tensile shear strength
- Surpasses most other types of adhesives for bonding rubbers.
- Ideal for bonding rough, porous and acidic surfaces including Wood, Cardboard, Balsa Wood, Rubbers, Plastics, Metals, Leather, etc.
- Wide variety of industrial manufacturing and repairing applications
- Plastics 2-5 seconds
- Rubbers < 3 seconds
- Wood 1-5 seconds
- Leather 5-15 seconds
- Metals 8-10 seconds
- Ceramics 12-18 seconds
- Composition Ethyl Cyanoacrylate
- Appearance Colorless liquid
- Viscosity@ 25°C 20 cps
- Brookfield LVT Spindle 1@ 30 rpm
- Cured Adhesive
- Gap Filling 0.05mm
- Tensile Shear Strength 18-28 n/mm2
- Service Temperature Range -60 to +80ºC
- Full Cure 24 hours
- Melting Point Temperature 160 to 170ºC
Shear Strength ASTM D 1002/DIN 53283
- Grit Blasted Steel >20 N/mm2
- Etched Aluminum >18 N/mm2
- Rubbers >22 N/mm2
- Wood >25 N/mm2
- Polycarbonate >12 N/mm2
- ABS >10 N/mm2
- Coefficient of thermal conductivity, ASTM C177, W.m-1 k-1 0.1
- Glass Transition Temperature, ASTM E228, 122ºC
- Coefficient of thermal expansion, ASTM D696, K-1 75× 10-6
- Dielectric strength, ASTM D149, kV/mm 27
- Volume resistivity, ASTM D257, Ohm.cm 1 × 1016
- Dielectric constant, 25 ºC, ASTM D150 2.7
- All surfaces must be clean, dry, dust and grease free. Best result will be achieved with surfaces that have been lightly abraded immediately prior to bonding.
- If using accelerator apply to one component surfaceonly. Apply thin film of adhesive to the other surface and bring the pieces together immediately. Hold for few seconds without disturbing the joints.
- When bonding “O” rings, cut a fresh surface onto each end of the rubber to gain the best possible strength.
This Product is offered and supplied by Dick Smith pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.