Added to Cart
More deals you may like
Chemtools Threadlocker Medium Strength
Loctite Nut Screw Lock 10Ml
ChemTools 8243 10ml Threadlocker – Super Nut Lock
ChemTools 8243 is a fast curing, medium strength anaerobic thread-locking compound for bonding and sealing threads, and retaining of cylindrical parts.
ChemTools 8243 is highly resistance to heat, vibrations, water, gases, oils, hydrocarbons and many chemicals.
- Ideal for thread locking plated parts, vibration or moving components.
- Ideal for fasteners between ¼” and ¾” (6 to 20 mm) diameters.
- Locks and seals threaded joints-nuts, screws, and studs.
- Meets 90% of all nut and bolt thread locking applications.
- Meets Military specifications: MIL-S-46163 Type II Grade N and MIL-S-22473E Letter Grade CVV
- Description Specification: Composition Dimethacrylate Ester
- Color : Blue
- Viscosity Brookfield RVT
- – Spindle3
2 rpm12000 cps at 25 ºC</li> <li>- Spindle320 rpm 2250
- – Spindle3
- Specific Gravity: 1.09
- Maximum Diameter of Thread/Gap Filling : 3/4 “/ 0.20 mm
- Flash Point: > 100 ºC
- Solvent Content: None
- Shelf Life:1 year
- Handling Cure Time 10-20 minutes
- Functional Cure Time 1-3 hours
- Full Cure Time 24 hours
- Shear Strength 8 – 12 N/mm2
- Break 15 – 25 N.m
- Prevailing 5 – 10 N.m
- Breakloose Torque15 – 35 N.m
- Max. Prevail Torque 15 – 35 N.m
- Temperature Range -55 to 150 ºC
- Coefficient of thermal expansion, ASTM D696, K-1 80 × 10-6
- Specific Heat, kJ.kg-1 K-1 0.3
Chemical Temp. % Initial Strength Retained over 500 Hours & 1000 Hours
- Acetone 22 ºC: 100% & 90%
- Ethanol 22ºC: 100% & 100%
- Motor Oil 125ºC: 100% & 100%
- Gasoline 22ºC: 100% & 100%
- Brake Fluid 22ºC: 100% & 100%
- Water/Glycol 87ºC: 90% & 80%
Surfaces should be dry, clean, and free of any contamination. Thread locker should be applied to the bolt in sufficient quantity to fill threads. ChemTools 8243 performs the best in thin bond gaps. This thread locker is specifically formulated to give controlled friction and torque/tension ratio during assembly.
Anaerobic adhesives shall be ideally stored in a cool, dry place in unopened containers at a room temperature between 46 ºF to 82 ºF. Please do not return any unused material to its original container.
This Product is offered and supplied by Dick Smith pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesPlaysetsGarden Power ToolsPower Tools & AccessoriesDash CamsCar AudioMeasuring ToolsComponentsHolders & StandsHandsfree SpeakerphonesCables & AdaptersHardware & Hand ToolsPools & SwimmingBreathalysersRemotesCar ElectronicsStorageLaddersUSB ChargersAutomotive Accessories