Added to Cart
Nihon Superior 0.8Mm Lead Free Solder 500G
Nihon Superior 0.8Mm Lead Free Solder 500G
Nihon Superior Sn100C
See delivery information
LEAD FREE SOLDER – NIHON SUPERIOR SN100C
Successfully Tried and Tested
Leading electronics manufacturers throughout the world have used SN100C with outstanding results. To date, millionsof circuit boards have been assembled with the SN100C familyof solders in all types of products. Many of the devices soldered with SN100C already have been in use for several years.Download the Nihon Flux-Cored Solder Wire product catalogue [1.66mb]
Nihon Superior have developed SN100C 030 solder wire. One of its major points is that it is the only lead free alloy that looks and flows like normal tin/lead. SN100C is comprised of Sn/Cu/Ni + Ge. (TIN, COPPER, NICKEL & GERMANIUM)
The flux-cored solder wire enables fast soldering with less carbonizing of soldering tip and less flux spatter providing greater productivity than existing products.
SN100C (030) lead-free flux-cored solder wire provides sharp spreading and good separation.
The high-reliability alloy suits fine-pitch application. It contributes to higher economic productivity with its improved efficiency over conventional products.
SN100C (030) also reduces bridging in soldering extra-fine coaxial harnessing in cell phones.
The alloy (Sn0.7Cu0.05Ni Ge) has a 0.1-mm diameter. SN100C (030) inhibits growth of the intermetallic layer and lowers copper erosion. Its highly ductile properties accommodate for strain on joints.
Key Benifits Include:
- Shiny Lead Free Solder Joints
- Less Tip Carbonizing
- Less Flux Spatter
- Less Cracking of Flux Residue
- Fast Soldering
- Fast Melting
- Good Spread
- Less Shrinkage Defect, Reduced Copper Erosion, and Stable Intermetallic Layer
- Substantial cost advantage
- SN100C was developed by Nihon Superior in Japan and offers high-throughput and the lowest cost of ownership as compared to any other lead-free solder alloy.
- Appearance: Besides the obvious benefits of being lead-free, this solder has a shiny appearance similar to tin/lead. This makes it easy to identify dry solder joints, which appear cloudy, a feature that other lead-free solders do not have.
- Alloy Composition: Sn-Cu0.7-Ni0.05+Ge – Does not contain costly silver or bismuth.
- Exact Melting Point of 227°C (True Eutectic)
- Bridge-free and icicle-free soldering.
- Smooth, bright, well-formed fillets, free of gross micro-cracks, irrespective of the cooling rate.
- High Fluidity (Less Rework)
- Low drossing alloy. – Dross rate equal or lower than tin-lead solder
- Reliable joints (no reported failures in 7 years of field service).
- Low copper pad erosion. – Does not erode copper from holes, pads and tracks
- Low rate of copper leaching makes it easy to controlthe copper content of the solder bath
- Does not require a nitrogen atmosphere.
- Low aggressiveness to soldering equipment. – Lower aggressiveness to stainless steel and other solder pot materials as compared to tin-silver-copper alloys
- Good through-hole penetration
- Good topside fillet formation
- Thermal fatigue resistance and creep strength betterthan tin-lead
- Slow, even growth of the intermetallic layer at the solder/substrate interface
- Also performs well in selective and dip soldering
- Over 800 tons consumed each month worldwide.
Material Property SN100C Test method Coefficient of Thermal Expansion 30-80° 1.33×10-3 Conditions: Load: 10.0grams, sample ;Almina (20mm), Programmed temperature: 10°/min. 80-130° 1.38×10-3 130-180° 1.46×10-3 Spread Factor % 240° 77 JIS Z 3197 250° 77 260° 78 280° 78 Creep Strength (Time to Failure) 145° >300 hours 145° load 1 kg 150° >300 hours 150° load 1 kg 180° >300 hours 180° load 1 kg Wettability Seconds
Ta Tb Fmax Wetting Balance 0.3 X 3.5 X 25 mm Ta = Zero cross time Tb = Wetting time Fmax = Max. wetting force 240° 1.0 4.53 0.159 250° 0.86 2.79 0.181 260° 0.47 1.46 0.186 270° 0.31 0.8 0.192 Copper erosion rate at 260° ~ 2 minutes Time for complete erosion of 0.18mmΦ wire Thermal shock >1,000 cycles -40/+80° each 1hr Electromigration >1,000 hrs 40° 95%RH & 85° 85%RH Whiskers >1,000 hrs 50°
This Product is offered and supplied by Dick Smith pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesTools & Automotive - Automotive AccessoriesTools & Automotive - BreathalysersTools & Automotive - Cables & AdaptersTools & Automotive - Car AudioTools & Automotive - ComponentsTools & Automotive - Dash CamsTools & Automotive - Garden Power ToolsTools & Automotive - Hardware & Hand ToolsTools & Automotive - Holders & StandsTools & Automotive - LaddersTools & Automotive - Measuring ToolsTools & Automotive - PlaysetsTools & Automotive - Pools & SwimmingTools & Automotive - Power Tools & AccessoriesTools & Automotive - RemotesStorageTorches & Outdoor LightingUSB Chargers