Added to Cart
More deals you may like
(120ml) - A+D Zinc Oxide Nappy Rash Treatment Cream, Dimenthicone 1%, Zinc Oxide 10%, Easy Spreading Baby Skin Care, 120ml Tube
This product is shipped via the most economical route and is estimated to be delivered within 2-3 weeks of your order leaving the warehouse.
What is nappy rash.
Nappy rash is easy to spot and easy to treat. It is a red, patchy irritation found on baby’s skin in the genital area, the thighs and the buttocks. Don’t worry, Mom, almost all babies get nappy rash from time to time.
What causes nappy rash.
Babies are so susceptible to nappy rash that wet and soiled nappies can irritate baby’s delicate skin. Naturally, if your baby is in a wet nappy for too long, she will be more prone to getting a rash.
Some of the most common causes of nappy rash to be aware of are:
– Irritation due to bowel movements and diarrhoea.
– Irritation due to moisture from urine (even the most absorbent nappies leave some wetness behind).
– Not drying the skin thoroughly after a nappy change.
– Nappy chafing/friction.
– Allergic reaction to ingredients found in nappy wipes, laundry detergent, soap, lotion.
– Change in food or introducing new foods.
How can I help prevent my baby from getting nappy rash.
Use A+D® Original Ointment at every nappy change to help prevent your baby from getting nappy rash.
Just as you protect and condition your skin every day, you can do the same for your baby:
– Help prevent nappy rash by applying a generous layer of A+D® Original Ointment on baby’s bottom, genital area and the folds of the thighs at every nappy change.
– It is safe to use every day. A+D® Ointment is formulated to create a protective barrier on baby’s skin, preventing irritation from wetness, soiled nappies, and nappy chafing.
What if my baby gets nappy rash.
Treat with A+D® Zinc Oxide Cream.
Specially formulated with Zinc Oxide, to help treat and protect your baby’s precious skin. These simple tips to treat nappy rash will soothe your baby’s skin quickly:
– At the first sign of redness, apply an even, liberal coat of A+D® Zinc Oxide Cream to the entire nappy area at every nappy change.
– Keep baby’s skin clean and dry by changing wet nappies frequently and as soon as possible after it is soiled.
– Wash your baby’s bottom with water using a washcloth after each nappy change. Gently pat the skin and be careful not to rub. Avoid using soap or disposable wipes that contain fragrance or alcohol, which may irritate the skin.
– Allow your baby’s skin to air dry without a nappy for short periods during the day.
– Avoid non-breathable fabrics and plastic pants.
– With proper care, most nappy rashes will improve within a few days. If the rash worsens or lasts longer, consult your baby’s paediatrician.